Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sew: 60's Dress Done My Way

I was born to wear things from the 60's, especially the dresses. They're not as prudish as dresses from the 50's and not as over the top as the one's from the 70's. Ultra modern and distinctive - those are my favorite qualities in a dress.


I chose Butterick Pattern #4091 Dress C because of the front panel. It reminded me of something a London girl would wear while dishing to her besties about her favorite Beatle. Although personally, I prefer Led Zeppelin. 


As you can see, I made a few adjustments to it. I shortened the length of the front panel to hit below my waist instead of at the hips. I felt that would give my hips better definition. I also added the neck scarf and ribbon as a touch of playfulness. Black and white is nice, but black and white and hot pink is sheer delight.

mod dress

I kinda like sewing. I do find it incredibly frustrating at times as any beginner would. However, I like creating things. I'm intrigued by the possibilities of what a pile of material can turn into. I have the feeling that I'm going to go beyond my goal of "Sew 3 Dresses" this year. 

Dear closet, who knows what I will have in store for you in twenty thirteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment