Friday, March 22, 2013

To Sew: Turning the Table(cloth) - Orla Kiely remix

Dress

Truth is I never used this Orla Kiely fabric as a tablecloth. It was far too pretty to get some spaghetti stain on, so I always draped it off the back of some chair until I could figure out what to do with it.


I picked a vintage Simplicity 3299 Shift Kimono sleeve dress because I wanted a simple cut that would allow the fabric to be the centerpiece. I left the darts out. I didn't want any interruptions in the pattern.


The front is adorned with a simple tuxedo ruffle, a red ribbon to bring out the colors and my grandmother's butterfly pin. This is all so Julie Andrews in "The Sound of Music," but when life gives you material, you have to make some out of it.

I'm not sure if this will turn into a sewing blog, but it's definitely what I enjoy doing at the moment. I think I may have an addiction to fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment